One-semester/One-year Exchange Program with Cheng Chi University (NCCU), Taiwan, 2018/2019
Starting from: Sept, 2018 (Fall Semester) / Feb, 2019 (Spring Semester)
Who can apply for this exchange program?
All the current second / third year FSS students of major “Economics, Government and Public Administration or Sociology”, with a GPA greater than 3.0 (slightly below is acceptable) are eligible for application.
- One application form from NCCU (Download here)
- One application form from FSS (Download here) (with two passport-size photos: 4.5 x 3.5 cm, with white background)
- A Study Plan written in Chinese or English (In the application form from NCCU describing why you are interested in applying this exchange program and what your objective is; What are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we pick you?)
- Transcript in English (since year 1) (Students are required to obtain an official transcript from Registry)
- Letter of Recommendation (TWO at most)
- Any other supportive documents that will help you get into this program
9th February 2018
Visa application for Mainland students
According to our updated information, Mainland students can apply for visa for staying in Taiwan for up to 6 months.
For more details concerning visa application, kindly visit the website of National Immigration Agency of Taiwan http://www.immigration.gov.tw
Estimated expenses for 6 months in Taiwan:
(MOP1 approximately equal to NT$3.8, exchange rate and expenses are subject to changes)
Below list is the estimated cost few years ago, please take note on the inflation.
|On-Campus Accommodation per semester||8,200~10,000*||2,050~2,500|
|Textbooks & Stationery||3,000||750|
|Total Estimated Costs||80,900~82,700||20,225~20,675|
* UM exchange students are usually accommodated in a 4-person bed-room, but the allocation can be different according to number of students in each semester.
*Details of the on-campus dormitory rate can be checked from the below website:
It is recommended to bring about NT$80,000~NT$100,000 to Taiwan.
Courses offered in NCCU
Please visit the following website for courses offered in NCCU. Kindly note that the course list of next semester will be announced later and the current information is for reference only.
· English-taught Courses offered by Organization of International Cooperation (designed for exchange students)
· All English-taught Courses at NCCU (study with local students)
· Search all Courses at NCCU (both Mandarin-taught and English-taught)
**Choose the school year & semester, and enter the option page.
(e.g.107 school year = 2018/2019, choose “Social Sciences” as College, choose “學士班” and select your own respective major, e.g. Sociology.)
Learn More about College of Social Sciences, NCCU: http://www.css-en.nccu.edu.tw/
Learn More about NCCU, please visit: http://www.nccu.edu.tw/?locale=en
Please send the soft copy of a complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org and hand in one set of original copy to Ms. Miranda Lei at FSS General Office located in Room 4031, Humanities and Social Sciences Building (E21B).
For inquiries, please call +853 8822 8342 or send us mail