FSS Student Funding Scheme for International Exchange Programme
(for outgoing students joining exchange in 1st semester 2018/2019)
The Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) has established Student Funding Scheme for International Exchange Programme, so as to encourage students with good standing and/or financial needs to join exchange programmes, so as to promote mobility of students for enriching their international exposure and experience.
Who can apply for this funding?
Eligible applicants must be students from Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) who will participate in a regular credit-bearing exchange programmes offered by UM. Duration of exchange should be from one semester to one academic year.
*** Successful applicants can only apply for the funding ONCE in each academic year and CANNOT receive double subsidy at the same time for the same exchange programme from units other than FSS in UM and/or other entities. ***
Funding Criteria and Arrangement
The funding will be allocated:
- Student with CGPA equivalent to or over 3.0: maximum of MOP8,000
- Student with CGPA below 3.0: maximum of MOP5,000
The funding serves as partial subsidy to cover the expenses including but not limited to the following during the student’s exchange period:
- Round-trip air ticket and other modes of transportation between Macao / Hong Kong / home city and Host University on arrival and departure dates
- Medical / health / travel insurance
- Accommodation during exchange
- Other mandatory fees and charges imposed by Host University
The full payment will be made before the departure of successful applicants by presenting the original copy of Offer Letter Issued by the Host University.
12th July – 26th July 2018
For more details, please refer to the guidelines of the scheme.
For inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Maisy Chao
Room 4031, Humanities and Social Sciences Building (E21)
Tel: 8822 4018